LDS NW Series Viewports
• Optical discs are Kodial Glass (alkali borosilicate 7056)
• 304 Stainless
Bakeout to 200°C
• due to elastomeric fluorocarbon o-ring seal
• heating rate should not exceed 2-3° per minute
BEFORE You Begin, INSPECT THE VIEWPORT
Caution Required When Using Viewports
• Viewports are rated for Vacuum NOT Pressure
• All viewports are fragile and must be handled and mounted with extreme caution
• NEVER use a viewport that appears to be, or is known to be damaged
• Never scratch the viewing area; a weakened viewport may implode (or explode) under wrong conditions.
• Make sure the glass chosen has a reasonable transmission at the wavelengths of interest.
• Remember, what is not transmitted may be reflected or absorbed.