Conflat Flange (CF) Series Viewports
• Optical discs are Kodial Glass (alkali borosilicate 7056)
• Glass to Metal Seal (No Viton Gasket)
• Metal to Metal Weld
Repeated Bakeout Cycles to 350°F
• heating rate should not exceed 2-3° per minute
• ALWAYS Use a WASHER With EACH BOLT
ALWAYS Use An Annealed Copper Gasket
• LDS Provides 1 With Each New Viewport Purchase
• Annealed Copper Gaskets are NOT the same as our standard Copper Gaskets: (-CG Part Number)
BEFORE You Begin, INSPECT THE VIEWPORT
Caution Required When Using Viewports
• Viewports are Rated for Vacuum NOT Pressure
• All viewports are fragile and must be handled and mounted with extreme caution
• NEVER use a viewport that appears to be, or is known to be damaged
• Never scratch the viewing area; a weakened viewport may implode (or explode) under wrong conditions.
• A faulty viewport can cause serious injury
• Make sure the glass chosen has a reasonable transmission at the wavelengths of interest.
• Remember, what is not transmitted may be reflected or absorbed.