STRAY MAGNETIC FIELD
The magnetic field ratings are listed below:
• Directly on shaft = 52 gauss
• 0.5 cm away from shaft = 18 gauss
• 1.0 cm away from shaft = 1.4 gauss
• 5.0 cm away from shaft = 0.2 gauss
• 10.0 cm away from shaft = 0.1 gauss
These measurements are typical throughout this FD series line of feedthroughs.
SHAFT GROUNDED OR FLOATING?
The shaft is not internally grounded, however, the ball bearings make radial contact to the shaft when the feedthrough is static. Within milliseconds of starting the rotation (dynamic), the shaft is coated with the fluid. In summary, the shaft floats when the feedthrough is in a dynamic mode (rotating).
NOTE: It is recommended that grounding brushes are installed on the shafts when using it for ion implantation systems.