Replacing Copper Seal in UHV Series Valves
UHV-CF275 Series Only
• Open the valve all the way.
• Using an adjustable wrench or a vise, hold the hex on the operator.
• Using a wide blade flat screwdriver, unscrew the copper poppet seal.
• Install the seat in the reverse order.
• Close valve completely to seal it off; See torque information below.
• Loosen the set screw on the torque indicator and rotate to the furthest counter-clockwise line on the top of the valve and tighten set screw. The valve may be closed to this mark going forward.
NOTE: The closing torque will be slightly higher than before.
Do not exceed the maximum torque specification:
• UHV-CF275 Seating Torque; ~260 in-lbs.
• UHV-CF275 Maximum Torque; ~500 in-lbs.
• Periodic checks with a torque wrench will indicate wear on the seat and the proper mark to use for visual alignment.
• When the indicator reaches the last mark, we recommend replacement of the poppet seal.